Welcome to F.L. 
Please join us for a special screening of Geneviève Dulude-De Celles’s documentary Bienvenue à F.L. [Welcome to F.L.] .
- Screening Date: Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 | 7:00pm
- Venue: Burning Books
- Specifications: 2015 / 75 minutes / French with subtitles / Color
- Director(s): Geneviève Dulude-De Celles
- Print: Supplied by the filmmaker
- Tickets: Free and Open to the Public
- Extras: Stop in early for FREE Breadhive baked goods while supplies last!
- Deal: Bring your ticket stubs and join us at The Black Sheep after the show for 2 for 1 drink specials
420 Connecticut St, Buffalo, NY 14213
Courtesy of website:
Welcome to F.L. portrays a community of teenagers within their enclosed high school’s world. They come from Sorel-Tracy, a small town in Quebec, and they dare to take the floor to question their environment, identity and other subjects related to their teenage years. As they speak, they learn to define themselves, inside and outside the school’s boundaries, entering slowly into the challenges of adulthood. They expose their refreshing point of view with humour, philosophy and courage.
Courtesy of website:
Geneviève studied photography at Concordia University and completed a Bachelor and a Master`s Degree in cinema at UQAM. In 2011, she traveled around the world to direct short documentaries for a television show called “La course Évasion autour du monde”. In 2014, Geneviève wrote and directed the short film La coupe (The Cut), winner of the Grand Jury Award for Best International Short at Sundance Film Festival. The film then traveled in several prestigious festivals around the world, winning a few awards along the way.
Genevieve will present her first feature documentary Welcome to F.L., at the Toronto International Film Festival at the fall 2015. She is currently working on writing two feature films, in addition of wearing the development producer’s hat within her young production company Colonelle films.
- A Colony (2018)
- Welcome to F.L. (2015)
Here is a curated selection of links shared on our Facebook page for additional insight/information:
- 5/15/17 – “With an open heart, a quiet mind, and an eye for the nuances ingrained in the high school experience, Welcome to F.L. gives these teens a chance to convey honestly how it feels to be of Generation Z and wields beautiful, poignant results about coming of age in today’s byzantine world.” Jordan M. Smith, IONCINEMA.com – link